Thursday, September 13, 2018


M. Jane Hastings

Art is not separate from my life, it sits beside me everyday

 Full Time Woman, Mother, Artist, Wife, Performer, Educator and
Lifetime Surrealist


I have been an artist my entire life but it is only within the past 15 years that I began teaching art. In many ways I have found this educational experience to be as fulfilling and satisfying as making art. Like a journey to a foreign land I have a map (a lesson plan) but some of my most exciting lessons have been off the beaten path. I enjoy the daily challenges, the adventures and the growth that comes from being an artist and a teaching artist. Art can embrace change, reflect our interior world, challenge ideas and look forward while valuing the past. It is this journey of discovery and growth that keeps my creative suitcases packed to overflowing.

No comments: